Tuesday, March 24, 2009

dell 530

dell 530


Pentium(TM) Dual-Core Processor E2180 (2.0GHZ, 1MB L2 CACHE, 800MHZ FSB) - I have never been a fan of super fast processor. As long as it is fast, then enough. You don’t have to waste or allocate most budget into the processor.
Dell(TM) SE198WFP 19″ Widescreen Flat Panel Monitor - Good enough, wide enough for normal use
Genuine Windows Vista(R) Home Basic 32 bit SP1 Edition (English) - Too bad Windows XP no longer available…
2GB (2X1GB) NECC Dual Channel DDR2 667MHz SDRAM Memory - will add more memory when needed, cheaper to buy memory outside than Dell
250GB SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive with Native Command Queuing
16X DVD+/-RW with Dual Layer Write Capabilities -It has been a long time that I did not copy or burn DVD…
Integrated Intel(R) Graphics Media Accelerator 3100 - Since no PC game for this computer…so an integrated is good enough…
Integrated Sound Blaster(R) Audigy ADVANCED HD Audio
Dell(TM) AX210 USB Stereo Speakers
Dell(TM) USB Quietkey(R) Keyboard with Silver Trim (English)
Dell(TM) Optical USB Mouse
56K PCI Data/Fax Modem - Thanks to Streamyx…
Integrated Fast Ethernet 10/100 - must have…again, thanks to Streamyx…
Microsoft(R) Works 9.0 (Does Not Include Microsoft(R) Office 2003/2007 Software) - OEM-Word Processor/Spreadsheet/Database/Calendar/Powerpoint viewer/Email Tools - Original software is good, don’t use pirated one.
Dell Inspiron Desktop(TM) Slim Tower - I love the small clean design tower!
I have just seen a very nice Dell computer in a local store in Japan two days ago, yes, the same Inspiron 530s slim tower type that I ordered just now. Dell really makes very nice computer, clean and sleek design, much better than those DIY CPU casing that I have seen out there. Yes, I have been a fan of Dell computer, my current notebook (use by my wife) is a Dell as well (Latitude D800).
Yes, I added a Data / Fax modem to the system, as with the unreliable streamyx service in Malaysia, better get a dial up as backup. Internet is essential to me/my wife.
Total damage? RM2139.00, charged to credit card. I think that is a very reasonable price! I have not follow PC pricelist for a long time, but I think DIY a computer with 19″ LCD monitor will not be that much far off from the specs and price above. This one, you get Dell service and warranty for one year, better for the peace of mind.
The above system is not for me, but more for my wife. I will get a better PC when I reach Malaysia in Oct

No comments:

Post a Comment